An annual symposium on the mysteries, pitfalls, and rewards of planning and managing museum building projects
For registration and a PDF of the preliminary schedule please visit https://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1665943
For more information visit
AAM's Museum Advocacy Day!
February 23-24, 2015
- Registration: We currently have more than 100 people registered from across the country, but no one yet from the following states: AL, DE, HI, ID, KS, KY, MS, NV, NH, NJ, NC, ND, RI, SC, SD, UT, VT, and WA (and only one person registered in several additional states). Please spread the word that registration is open through January 23 (and especially to colleagues in those states listed above).
- Hill Visits: Please also be sure to use the above link to register yourself if you plan to attend, so we can be sure to have badges and materials for you. The online registration system now includes a text box where you can provide additional information about your preferred Hill visits.
- Program: A few program highlights: We have confirmed that leaders from IMLS, NEA, and the Department of State will participate in our federal agency panel, and we have confirmed the following speakers: Elizabeth Merritt, Dan Yaeger, Advocacy Guru Stephanie Vance, and Don Wildman, host of the Travel Channel’s Mysteries at the Museum.
- Congressional Honorees: Our 2015 Congressional Honorees will be Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-MD), Sen. Roy Blunt (R-MO), Rep. Tom Cole (R-OK), and Rep. David Price (D-NC). All have been invited and we are awaiting confirmation of their acceptance/attendance.
- Advocate from Anywhere: Visit the publicity tools, now on our website to reinforce the message on Capitol Hill from back home during the event.
- Website: Please visit the Museums Advocacy Day website for the updated hotel information (including a roommate forum), advocacy resources, and our complete list of 2015 supporters. Please note that attendees will be able to pick up materials and badges on Sunday afternoon, February 22 at the hotel. Materials from the advocate book will also be available online prior to the event.
- Great American Museum Advocate: We have collected many wonderful nominations for the Great American Museum Advocate. More info to come soon.
- Social Media: Raise awareness for museum advocacy with our 2015 New Year’s resolutions. Use #museumsadvocacy to spread the word.
Join or Renew Membership Today!
Use our new online system!
For more information on membership, click here.